General ideas and discussion

Go down

General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Any ideas that are bounced around in here may see the light of day in the game, so don't hesitate to post thoughts!
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by dizzydoil on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:57 pm

#1 What is the game?

#2 What is it going to be about?

#3 How will it play out?

#4 Serious, profit- or all for fun, non-profit?

#5 & so on. I have so many questions! Cool
avatar
dizzydoil
God

Posts : 22
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:38 am

dizzydoil wrote:#1 What is the game?

#2 What is it going to be about?

#3 How will it play out?

#4 Serious, profit- or all for fun, non-profit?

#5 & so on. I have so many questions! Cool

#5 isn't a question. *Whacks round head*

#1 The game is gonna to be an FPS run by either UDK or SDK.

#2 Yet to think up a story, blame Chris, he's our story man Razz

#3 Probably like a normal FPS, but if we can add things that make it different, we'll do it. It's gonna be different from your standard FPS in quite a lot of things though.

#4 All for fun, non-profit. These development kits need to be handed some cold hard cash to use them for commercial purposes, something I don't have.
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by dizzydoil on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:48 am

... not with the Source SDK- if they like what you're doing they'll let you sell it... on Steam! Hahahha. I don't know though. I really want to help you guys with the UDK. I'm going to try it again and watch tutorials etc.. just to maybe get to work with you guys. -hug
avatar
dizzydoil
God

Posts : 22
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:51 am

dizzydoil wrote:... not with the Source SDK- if they like what you're doing they'll let you sell it... on Steam! Hahahha. I don't know though. I really want to help you guys with the UDK. I'm going to try it again and watch tutorials etc.. just to maybe get to work with you guys. -hug

If you look over at my latest post in TRF in the thread, SDK won't download.

I'll try it again, because that sounds really awesome! Very Happy

The UDK is crazily easy to use, seriously.

I can pick up stuff using the video tutorials very quickly, but, then again, you have been using the Source SDK, which could be different...

Give it a try!

I'll get Chris to edit the first post in the thread to say which positions have been filled, but I think we'll leave it open for more to come in Very Happy

EDIT: Yeah, it's still not....

Looks like we're stuck with UDK Smile
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by dizzydoil on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:58 am

That's fine, then. UDK is prettier... XD

/downloading now. I can play games made with the UDK fine- but when I'm in the editor it seems to lag - and I hate lag. I wonder if there is away around that. I'll get playing with it! Cool

Is it going to be futuristic or modernish? Very Happy
avatar
dizzydoil
God

Posts : 22
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:00 am

dizzydoil wrote:That's fine, then. UDK is prettier... XD

/downloading now. I can play games made with the UDK fine- but when I'm in the editor it seems to lag - and I hate lag. I wonder if there is away around that. I'll get playing with it! Cool

Is it going to be futuristic or modernish? Very Happy

Haha, yeah Razz

The editor?

Do you have the wireframe on?
Because that slows it down a lot.

Urm.....

Yet to be decided. Very Happy
But, I guess, if we don't have coders etc who can change the weapon into modern gun, not the one UDK gives you automatically, it will have to be futuristic Smile
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by dizzydoil on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:10 am

Installing now. I'm exited to give this another, proper go Very Happy!

BTW.. I have to say I LOVE the name of the 'small company': 'Altarian Productions', so smexy!
avatar
dizzydoil
God

Posts : 22
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:15 am

dizzydoil wrote:Installing now. I'm exited to give this another, proper go Very Happy!

BTW.. I have to say I LOVE the name of the 'small company': 'Altarian Productions', so smexy!

Sweet! Very Happy
If you need any help, just ask Smile

Heh, thanks Very Happy
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by dizzydoil on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:31 am

YAY LUL! I made a floor with a pretty texture <3. Doesn't seem to be lagging at all, weirddd!!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2vrwq3m.jpg Cool (sucks ano, but YAY)
avatar
dizzydoil
God

Posts : 22
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:32 am

dizzydoil wrote:YAY LUL! I made a floor with a pretty texture <3. Doesn't seem to be lagging at all, weirddd!!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2vrwq3m.jpg Cool (sucks ano, but YAY)

Looks great! Very Happy

Fast work as well! Razz
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by MyRaider4Life on Sat May 01, 2010 5:42 pm

So, what DK will we be making this with? I have experience in both.We should also try to incorporate SpeedTree from the UDK to the SDK if we are using Source, because we can export the trees into obj files, and we could figure out a way to get it into the SDK/Hammer.
avatar
MyRaider4Life
parazombie

Male Posts : 33
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-05-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sat May 01, 2010 5:44 pm

MyRaider4Life wrote:So, what DK will we be making this with? I have experience in both.We should also try to incorporate SpeedTree from the UDK to the SDK if we are using Source, because we can export the trees into obj files, and we could figure out a way to get it into the SDK/Hammer.

This is something me and Dale are looking into, with the importing.
SDK just will not download for me, so I'm stuck with UDK.
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by MyRaider4Life on Sat May 01, 2010 5:46 pm

I am downloading the UDK back to my computer, and I am going to try and recreate something I made when it first came out. (I don't have the file anymore.) It should show my skills.
avatar
MyRaider4Life
parazombie

Male Posts : 33
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-05-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sat May 01, 2010 5:47 pm

MyRaider4Life wrote:I am downloading the UDK back to my computer, and I am going to try and recreate something I made when it first came out. (I don't have the file anymore.) It should show my skills.

Alrighty then Very Happy

Quick check, you have access to the Dev section, right?
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by MyRaider4Life on Sat May 01, 2010 5:47 pm

Yep Very Happy
avatar
MyRaider4Life
parazombie

Male Posts : 33
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-05-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sat May 01, 2010 5:48 pm

MyRaider4Life wrote:Yep Very Happy

Great Very Happy
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by MyRaider4Life on Sat May 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Here is something quick I hwipped (family guy joke) up. I will post the url because if I post the image it will get cut off by the forum.

http://i39.tinypic.com/167v9s6.png
Updated - http://i42.tinypic.com/1z4yckx.png

Whadayah think? :p
avatar
MyRaider4Life
parazombie

Male Posts : 33
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-05-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sun May 02, 2010 3:33 am

MyRaider4Life wrote:Here is something quick I hwipped (family guy joke) up. I will post the url because if I post the image it will get cut off by the forum.

http://i39.tinypic.com/167v9s6.png
Updated - http://i42.tinypic.com/1z4yckx.png

Whadayah think? :p

Bloody amazing! Very Happy
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by MyRaider4Life on Sun May 02, 2010 3:34 am

Thanks, after reviewing the coffee stain one it looks so horrible.
avatar
MyRaider4Life
parazombie

Male Posts : 33
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-05-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Dantdj on Sun May 02, 2010 3:34 am

MyRaider4Life wrote:Thanks, after reviewing the coffee stain one it looks so horrible.

Yeah, I do prefer the one without.
avatar
Dantdj
SOS Brigadier

Posts : 159
Notoriety : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 22

View user profile http://altarianproductions.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General ideas and discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum